Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Due Date today

So the 40 week count down has ended.  I am kind of relieved this is the last "countdown" day?  I know it sounds weird but people who have been in the situation know what I mean.  When you are grieving seems like you are forever counting.  Its been 2 months since I gave birth to my forever angel.  You count each week saying oh I would be doing this or would be doing that or would look like this.  She would be 2-3 weeks old already because she was scheduled to be born May 19th via scheduled c-section.  That day I think was harder.  Today I think will be less.  It is just sad because again I feel like it is the ending of something.  Not sure what just feels that way.  I plan to stay busy and keep myself working on the house and playing with Dustin and being a good mother to him.  We had so much fun last night he is warn out this morning and still sleeping.  We played in the water for a few hours outside again he thought he was helping water....LOL  If he was a plant then that would surely be the case.  Then we came in and changed clothes showered and ate dinner.  We read books on the porch in Pj's for a little while then came in and cuddled.  Stayed pretty busy and sleep came easy.  This morning I awoke to a nightmare of something happening to Dustin he was getting bit by a snake I was trying to lift him up fast enough but wasn't strong enough.  The snake had scratched him he turned into a two year old again after the bite and I was running with him trying to scream for help over and over I kept saying please don't let anything happen to him he is all I have left.  I woke up then and realized I might have some fear for Dustin on some level.  Crazy how your mind plays tricks on you.  But I have always feared for him that is my job I am mom.  I have always known how special he is and how wanted and hard work he was.  I know he was a gift.  Now just to hold him and get thru today....

Look at my beautiful angels face a little longer....

No comments:

Post a Comment